ARK Looneybin Server Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by lolercaustic, Jun 19, 2015.

1. lolercaustic

lolercaustic Lurker

To not interrupt your stream we would like to post my thoughts on what the server is and what we as a server want it to be.

2. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

Pve

Would love no Wipe but if there's one i would not mind to !

3. Schapie

Schapie Fresh Meat

PVP without raiding + wipe and high lvl difficulty, I think this will bring back more people.

4. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

I don't care as long as ppl are happy. I have only played a little but I'll be back as soon as I take a break from my fallout 3 playthru

5. Tworan

Tworan Lurker

we could do 50/50 south pvp north pve?

6. lolercaustic

lolercaustic Lurker

Hello Lowco and Hello servermates,
    I've had tons of fun on this server so far. I've seen this server go through drastic changes over the past few days and I am hoping to weigh my opinion on what should become of the server.

So I understand that you have received a lot of complaints regarding getting raided. I believe this is stemmed from the lack of survival game experience. As you know base building and taming dino's and killing each other is what this game bring in its initial package. The players on this server are not dedicating the time to build up their structures properly. Metal Bases are a great deterrent of keeping yourself being raided. Not many people want to spend the time to crack open a metal base because of the resource cost. It's not their fault they are being raided but it should be expected that they might and their lack of expectation of what a survival game is, is what is causing you grief. I do believe for one that killing someone elses dinosaur is a real a** move and that should absolutely be outlawed. So this is what I believe should be server rules.

1. Raiding Allowed.
    2. Don't kill someone else's passive dino
    3. No complaining.

The majority of your players that are still currently playing have survival game experience and are dedicated to this server. The people this server is slowly catering to is the people/players that will pick this game up play it a week maybe two at best and then leave for a different game. Please don't forget about the guys that want to be on this server for longer than the "initial game hype" Thanks Lowco.

7. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

we have this now and its a bigg problem ppl still raiding .

8. Schapie

Schapie Fresh Meat

If that is the case maybe get more eyes/communication on the server and ban these individuals.

9. lolercaustic

lolercaustic Lurker

I stopped raiding since the raiding ban but people are just not fortifying their bases correctly. The server might as well just build thatch buildings with that logic because there is no reason to go further.

10. Moffdawwwg

Moffdawwwg Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There's no way to properly moderate something like that though, in all honesty moderating a PvP No Raiding server is still going to be rough.

I realise this may make me unpopular with certain players on the server however the recent changes may have been my fault, so if you want to get annoyed with someone about PvE, No Raiding, Wipes etc get annoyed with me, not Lowco. I gave her advice based on what I thought was best for the server, the option we ended up on (PvP No Raiding) was the one that would cater to the most people possible. This server isn't a competition, its for everyone to have fun on and that just wasn't happening when people were getting raided daily. The server went from having 20+ people all the time, to 4-5 people max almost overnight, in my eyes that tells me something is wrong. I personally don't PvP much in these survival games, I normally just stick to my area and build stupid stuff like some people may have seen in Rust :p, but i still like the option of being able to attack people who are out and about in the field, hence the idea of a no raiding pvp server.

The wipe is just a way to reset everyone to the same level, its an early access game and a lot of things will change in its development. They may make levelling easier, or taming dino's harder, or a plethora of other options, in these cases I think wipes are a good thing because it allows us to test and experience the whole process again and learn from any mistakes we made the first time through... that's essentially the core of early access, to balance the whole game.

To the guy who puts people complaining down to lack of "survival experience". Show me how a new player, fresh to the server, can survive getting raided by a bunch of players on T-Rex or someone with a bunch of explosives please? Or how you defend your base when you're offline for 12 hours? With the way the current game is it's impossible, it's too favoured towards the raider

Philou0217 and undeadsky like this.
  11. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

Good luck staying up atnight since they only raid when your ofline there's no way to see who did it =)

12. lolercaustic

lolercaustic Lurker

Easy Find a tribe. Everyone on here is friendly enough to take people into their tribe. This game is barely suited to a single players game.

13. Philou0217

Philou0217 Confused

Even with being in a tribe some people would enjoy building a house of their own and be apart a little bit. Even living with the tribe, if everyone is offline what's going to happen then? Probably the same, especially since some people like to target houses when people are offline.

14. ApolloCreed32

ApolloCreed32 Lurker

Hello there beautiful Loonies of the realm. Tis I your chosen savior dropping his opinion on what would be best for the server, new players and the long haul players.

1. No killing tamed dinos. Hours of effort are put into this and people get majorly upset when this happens. I just had tears last night from a mammoth last night being killed.
    2. I think base raiding and base destruction should be outlawed since nobody and their loot would be safe anywhere. This is rough for the newer players who get a start and get raided by the high level and more experienced players making it not fun for them at all.
    3. If you leave your door open YOURE ASKING TO GET ROBBED. If a door is left open to a house then I say entering and taking of personal property is allowed. Although its rare I have seen doors left open.
    4. Player vs Player should stay in effect. Shooting each other or attacking eachother on the backs of dinos should stay in effect. This slight pvp feeds the people who want it.
    5. Now we run into the issue of people killing others and stashing the loot on their mounts. You cannot kill the dino to get your loot back. Once its on the dino it's too late. If this happened then people would be killing all the dinos for the loot people stash on them. I had this happen last night with Jol killing one of our argent birds to get his loot back. NOW.....you can knockout a tamed dino to get your loot back or loot a tamed dino but killing one is still outlawed I say.
    6. Long live Philou for he ever be in our hearts.

If I missed anything let me know.

Edited the post slightly. Plebians is not really nice. Kappa

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  15. CozyBeard

CozyBeard Lurker

I would like to play on the server, build what and how I want to without being forced to build roofs or getting high enough so I can make metal.

Some people might say: "It is a survival-game so if you don't protect yourself or your base good enough then you are begging for it" or "stuff like this happens in these kind of games, it is part of it".
    Well does it have to be that way? Should there be no room for any other playstyle?

If it worked with making 50/50 of the map pvp/pve it would be awesome becouse excluding any type of players sucks but the "elitist" pvp view is in fact excluding players already.

This is a not too active player's view.

Philou0217 likes this.
  16. lolercaustic

lolercaustic Lurker

Different servers cater to different things. You can't expect everyone to enjoy their own playstyle on the same server.

undeadsky likes this.
  17. Moffdawwwg

Moffdawwwg Administrator Staff Member Moderator

So why should we cater to your playstyle and not Cozy's, or mine or someone elses? It's about compromise. This is a server for the Looney Bin community.

Philou0217 likes this.
  18. ApolloCreed32

ApolloCreed32 Lurker

Aboose. Kappa

This is my server Kappa

19. Philou0217

Philou0217 Confused

+1 Moff for your post. We are a community that wants to play together so yes, compromises are part of the game. If you want to PvP that bad, I'm sure there is plenty of Ark servers for that that fits people needs.

20. Schapie

Schapie Fresh Meat

Thats not really fair tho, I for 1 have been a very active high lvl player that only had raiding left to do. There simply is no pleasing everyone, I say lowco chooses and if we dont agree we find a different server and the people that do agree play on the bin.