[ARK] Patch Notes

Discussion in 'The Looneybin Games' started by MORGsmash, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Patch Notes- Current (v231.3)
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287

Looneybin server has been updated to 231.3

Be sure to check #arkserver on our discord for the most current updates. I don't always post here until much later

1-6-16: I set the new tamed dino multipliers to zero in Game.ini to "de-nerf" tamed dinos. The devs continue to make changes to the underlying code, so expect some possible further adjustments.

12-17-15: turned Harvesting to 2.0x
    11-11-15: turned PVP structure decay OFF
    11-10-15:
    a) turned PVP Structure Decay ON - which means structures decay as follows counting down from last time a tribe member visited. Thatch = 4 days, Wood = 8 days, Stone = 12 days, Metal = 16 days.
    b) turned AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier set to 1.5 - which means "abandoned" structures will be destroyed automatically once their time is up + some additional time. Will need to test live to see how this actually works. there have been conflicting reports about the time periods.
    c) Allow Deprecated Structures turned ON - so ppl can keep their halloween stuff

10-15-15:
    tuned Taming up to 4x
    tuned Structure Damage Resistance down to 0.001 from 0.000001 - this is the setting that makes your bases indestructible.
    I may continue to adjust this. Main reason I changed it was because it was overkill. Fifty c4 charges did 1 point of damage to a thatch floor (or anything else for that matter). More than enough to protect the structure and not make it worthwhile to raid. So I turned it down, to restore the incentive to make things out of wood. stone. metal etc - because they are stronger, and dinos can still come mess your stuff up if you don't take precautions. Anyway, let me know how it plays, if it even affects your play, and we can adjust if needed.

Status of frequently asked-about settings:
    =============================
    Gamma command: enabled

Dino-Taming: 4.0x (as of 10-15)
    Downloads: disabled
    Structure Decay: off
    Structure Resistance Multiplier: 0.001 (as of 10-15) (was 0.000001)

XP: 1.0x

I am able to admin the server remotely, so I will usually* be able to warn you before a patch whether I am logged into the game or not.

*"usually" means: The only time I cannot warn players is when RCON (remote console) services go down, which happens sometimes when the server gets hung up on an error.

Update on Law & Order: ARK edition 8/5/15
    Some were banned, others fled. Grief-mode has been deactivated.

Also, to those ignoring the rules: I would strongly urge you to respect the no-base-raiding, no-dino-killing, and the Eastern PVE-only area. Because, if you don'tm I eventually WILL find you, and ban you... but before I ban you, I will be telling Lowco who you are, which is gonna include your Steam Profile ID. So... why not avoid all that, and just respect the rules instead?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

It is possible some of the server settings such as taming speed have been reset, but I haven't tested to see if that is the case.

Disabling downloads is probably a good idea. I believe right now you can upload cheated single player dinos and characters which isn't fair. Maybe if there was an option to only allow downloads from official servers or something like that it would be fine.

3. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

yeah i think it might have been reset might need to check the tamming too not sure cause i havent tammed anything today

4. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

hey guys I'm on the run at the moment, and just saw your messages, but I will check as soon as I am back - we have to do a patch and restart this afternoon anyway for 188.1 - so I'll probably take the server down around 1:30 pm est today

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  5. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Just checked. The Taming speed multiplier did NOT get reset. It's still at 2.0x

6. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Tux just to get back to you:

We got lucky on this one. It so happened that on the 188 update I was re-enabling the gamma command after updating. When I saved I saw it overwrite all our settings, so I went back in and saved them again, and the second time they stuck, so we remained unaffected by that bug in 188.

Yeah, I agree. I think we'll leave it off for now unless someone can make a good case not to, or they add some kind of verification feature.

7. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Here's the 2 things I am most excited about in today's patch

Upcoming Version: v191.0, ETA: Friday Morning EDT, Status: IN TESTING

* Admin Spectator camera & spectator-controls UI
    * Lots more Admin UI functionality

muhahahahahahaha

8. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

Are you going to start stalking people in spectator mode?

9. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Tux, oh yes, yes I am:) shhhhh :)

10. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

bump
    made a couple settings changes, so I want to make sure folks read this (9-25-15)

11. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

Good to see the taming got increased. Thanks for the bump on this.

12. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Hey all the control panel for the server is currently messed up, which is preventing us from updating it. We have to wait on the server host support team to fix it. Will update when I know more.

13. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

Is it possible to change the time limit for structure decay to something like a month or two for wood and longer for stone and metal?

14. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Server still down. Still waiting on uhost support. Hopefully this morning. They are usually quite quick so the delay is unusual.

Tux, no I don't think so. It's all structures, not by material. Pretty sure it's just on and off. Once the server is back I can confirm that.

15. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

and we're back up

16. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

It looks like the server IP changed.

17. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

yes it did change. the hosting company updated the server control panel and moved it to a new IP while Lowco was on her way back from Twitchcon. I did not realize the IP had changed until she tried to stream. So anyone who connects via the Steam servers panel was unable to connect. Also the ARKdevs updated the in-game server select screen, at least for those of us who don't play every day, which confused both Lowco and me until she figured out how to find it by selecting the right filters. On top of that, I copy/pasted the wrong port number into chat in the mad rish to get things working lowcoF1