[Win 10] changes for Gamers

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by MORGsmash, Aug 7, 2015.

1. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

not a game exactly, but relevant to all games...

Some info for gamers on the changes in Win 10 from gameranx:

personally, I'm going to wait as long as possible for Microsoft to patch all the bugs - but this is interesting info nonetheless, which may help you decide whether or not to upgrade now.

btw, I'm pretty sure you can download Win 10 for free and just not install it yet - I guess I could google, but one of you is sure to know:)

xdaft_clueless likes this.
  2. If you're a casual gamer Windows 10 is ready to go. Just remember to do fresh install (i have upgraded from 8.1 and some drivers and settings just went missing and had to do them again). As usual if you join windows insider program (to be beta tester) you'll get beta quality windows but for free (as far as I know, I have education edition (my university account is still active so I downloaded it legally)).

Beware of laptop drivers (as usual) especially wifi. Some models will work bad (random disconnect problems which most people fixed but I couldn't so I am using my LAN card for stable Internet connection).

Why I upgraded mainly? I have Windows phone so I actively use the windows ecosystem and my apps will work on my PC too :)

Just sharing my thoughts on the little but existing experience with windows 10. Hope this helps.

3. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Here's some additional privacy settings info on windows 10:

xdaft_clueless likes this.
  4. vr00mfondel

vr00mfondel Moderator Moderator