ARK Looneybin Server Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by lolercaustic, Jun 19, 2015.

1. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

well when all u see if lvl 90 dinos and ur solo and it will take 2 days to tame and yes tamming needs to be reduce im not saying that its not fair im saying u push ppl away from the server like that some ppl like being in tribe some like Badwolf dont is not fair to those solo that they have to tame a dino for 10 - 15hours when a tribe can take turns doing it

2. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

plus the plant eater dinos take forever at lvl 70+ because there no way to increase tamming because prime berries dont work

3. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

Well I totaly Disagree with this Moffdawwwg you think its fun spending 10 hours to Tame a level 80 Ankly And then see it get kild by a level 3 rex ? Please Explain =) Or Taming a level 60+ bird and seing it destroyed by 1 rex in less then 30 seconds come on we Neeed Stronger dino's Arnt we allowd to defend or Self Plus your Telling every " if you have a Job Dont play on this server it takes 10 hours for 1 dino.. " You want to Increase the Population on the Server Then Please lisen to the Players That actualy Play on the server =)

4. Philou0217

Philou0217 Confused

Tame dinosaurs on your days off. :D Easy fix. Kappa

5. Neophantomzero

Neophantomzero Fresh Meat

There are several points I have to disagree with.
    1) The only dino's you really need to tame at max level are carnivores. Wrong. Herbivores such as Mammoth's and Bronto's as well as Stego's to a degree are amazing at higher levels due to higher base stats. A level 81 Mammoth that took roughly 6+ hours to tame is a valuable asset that any tribe needs because it gathers wood and berries at an amazing rate with better stats in Stamina, Melee Damage as well as Carry weight. However because of Prime Berries not being in effect it's not like Carnivores where you can gather prime meat to speed up the process. And yes levels do matter. A max level 42 trike who was tamed at level 5 will not have have the same stats of a trike who is level 88 and was tamed at level 55. In fact higher level stats often times increases speed times of gathering resources like berries and wood.

2)What about people who choose to play solo?
    Yes, In a tribe you can probably split up the work in shifts but many people don't like letting others tame in their place if they had to leave out of some situation out of their control, and often there are tribes with members who may not be able to commit so many hours. (For example a Rex a fellow tribemate and I decided to tame (@15) roughly took 4 hours but my tribemate had to leave after the first hour due to personal affairs leaving me to tame the rest of the 3). For me it was no problem but had he been a solo player its disheartening to leave a tame you dont know how long it would take for something in real life that takes more priority and having to waste in game resources halfway.

3) Reducing taming time will give everyone dinos IS an asset when the server itself is at a harder difficulty. My example would be using a level 15 Megalodon that took roughly an hour to tame, but being killed by a wild level 81 Megalodon in a mere 15 minutes after going into open waters. It's heartwrenching to watch it happens but it happens. However when you apply the same knowledge to taming the said Megalodon that is level 81 for 6 hours, you're going to take that hit much harder if it happens to die. While many say that that is the fruit of waiting so many hours of getting a high level dino, the fact that this game is EA means that there are several factors that go into your dinosaur dying.(Rng, Glitches, Drowning, Killed by disconnection) etc. Therefore, sometimes people dont want to let their high level dinos out for fear of getting it killed. Raising the taming speed buffers that hit so that you realize a simple 6 hours tame is now maybe 2 or 3 hours (WHICH is still a considerably long time) and losing that dino doesnt make you want to quit the entire server itself.

4) The main point im arguing is that we are not asking for a 5x taming rate and expecting to tame every dino in an hour, but we are asking for a little consideration in that there are people who cannot commit several hours to JUST taming. 3x taming rate I personally think is a little bit much but i wouldnt mind 2.5x taming rate. I myself work on certain days from 8am to 5pm, and when i come on Ark that night i dont expect to tame for 4-5+ hours for that high level dino that I really wanted that I know will actually survive against some of the tougher wild dinosaurs like level 50+ rex's and spino's lurking the center of the map. And i speak from experience in which taming a Megalodon till 6am for several hours isn't something I constitute as "fun" especially if you have to pull an allnighter because not all your tribemembers can help. Yes you argue that maybe a lower level one would suffice, but not when you keep losing lower level sharks to the wild, making you want to catch one that counts or even simply losing your high level pteradon that can fly across half the map without landing because you accidently pressed E.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  6. Moffdawwwg

Moffdawwwg Administrator Staff Member Moderator

No dino takes 10 hours. I played on that server a lot and I work 50 hours a week, so your argument for not being able to tame dino's if you have a job is defunct. Next? :p Also, take better care of your dinos... if they're level 80 and they get killed by a level 3 rex then you're doing something horribly wrong. Also as per your example, an anky absolutely wrecks when its levelled. Also, for a private server, the population at the moment is quite healthy ;)

The difference in gathering speed between a dino tamed at level 30 and a dino tamed at 60 or 90 is negligible. The only stat that really changes a lot is melee damage, and even that at max level on a gathering dino you're not going to notice much difference, trust me i've tested it :D. The only reason I say you'd need a high level carnivore is for PvP, because any levelled dino will wreck any non-tamed dino so you certainly don't need the extra levels for PvE reasons, but that SHOULD be an investment and it should be a harder thing to get, otherwise everyone and their dog will have a level 128 maxed out T-Rex. No-one "needs" a level 80 mammoth, needing something and wanting something are two different things, you're acting like the only way to get anywhere in this game is to have a level 80 tamed dino... my anky I tamed at level 29, who is now level 46, absolutely melts face on a server with max difficulty and still gathers metal efficiently, same goes for my mammoth. If you want to gather things tame a normal dino, if you want to be a min-maxer and get absolutely every stat boost available for a dino then you should be ready to put in the extra time it takes to tame it.

If they're playing solo PvE then they don't need high level dino's. If they're trying to solo on PvP servers then there's no point taming a high level dino because someone's just going to raid them since they don't have the protection of a tribe and no amount of levelled dino's is going to help there.

You guys are acting like i've not played on the server or i've never lost any dino's... I've probably lost more dino's than people have tamed on that server (especially megalodons to bugs), so i know the pain, but that's just part of the game at the moment. Also, what Philou said :D If you can't put the time aside to tame a dino that you KNOW is going to take 3/4 hours then don't start taming it. You arguing that you pulled an all-nighter to tame something is moot as well, that was your decision, no in-game mechanic dictated that to you.

You need to stop exaggerating these taming times as well, 10-15 hours? Give me a break haha. Lying to get something changed on the server isn't going to help your cause XD

7. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

@Moffdawwwg First of All i'm Not lying about the Taming times I cant help it that your playing on server with 5time's reduced Taming time But In The Loonie Bin Server it takes 10 hours To tame a level 81 Anky
    And Second I tought this was a comunity server I know Your a moderator and All But still We are allowd to Express our opinion
    Instead of saying I'm Lying Why don't you try Taming a Dino on the Loonie bin server
    O Wait you don't Play the loonie bin Server So i'm Sorry You don't know how it is on there So please Lisen to the Comunity
    Or Let Lowco make the Call its Lowco's Server after all =)

P.S i'm Gonna stop Respond Till Lowco Dus Since we are not allowd to Flame !

8. Moffdawwwg

I played on that server, probably more than most people, so you can save all your "you don't play on this server, you don't even know man!" stuff. I know what the taming times are like, just because i play on a different server doesn't mean I all of a sudden forgot every other server.

I've never said once you're not allowed to express your opinion, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I'm trying to surpress your opinion. Maybe try countering points I have instead of just making things up and we might get somewhere.

Also, if its taking you 10 hours to tame a level 81 anky you're doing it wrong, maybe try some research before you tame things? Not only are there specific berries for each dino, there are ones you can grow that reduce taming times as well... like I said before, a bit of preparation goes a long way. Try doing something else while things tame as well, it's not difficult considering the massive amounts of torpor higher level dino's have... go mine, build something, farm something, instead of just sitting there staring at a taming bar and feeding it narc's everytime it drops 40 torpor.

9. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

@Moffdawwwg There are no prime berrys so we cant Alrdy look it up Its the taming time that's what it is !

10. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

Moffdawwg since u left lowco raise the difficulty of pve on the server its hard to find low lvl dinos it dose take 10hours took me almost 10 hours to tame a lvl 70+ mammoth and prime berries dont work its bugged

11. AndreBauscher

AndreBauscher Confused

Well if Lowco decided to make it harder, it has been for a reason to give you guys a challenge, right? So that you can focus more on playing together instead on pvp-ing and griefing. If the taming times get lowered again I assume that those will become a problem again.

My suggestions:

- If a challenge is to hard for you guys I would suggest to use the LFG thread and really plan the taming of the dinos you desire. So you can make sure that everyone has the right items, you could work in shifts to lower you personal taming time and so on
    - If you experience anything that seems to be a bug, please make sure to post screenshots of them so that everyone can see what you guys are talking about, additional information like the version of the game could help too
    - If your problems are really due to a bug make also sure to report them / look them up in the developers forums. The game is still alpha as far as I know and we cant change stuff about that.

12. Moffdawwwg

I tamed dino's on the server after the change, just so you guys know.

Also, I was wrong about no dino taking 10 hours to tame. That's my bad :p My opinion remains the same still though!

13. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

:eek:
    The pvp-ing and griefing stopped because the server got changed to pve where it is impossible to do, not because the wild dinos were made stronger.

Edited: oops didn't realize the quote didn't close correctly.

AndreBauscher likes this.
  14. AndreBauscher

AndreBauscher Confused

also "The pvp-ing and griefing stopped because the server got changed to pve where it is impossible to do, not because the wild dinos were made stronger."

Tux please don't post your own statment in the quote of my post. :D Well my bad then. But still it is supposed to be a challenge to give you guys something to prepare for and work to.

15. Joulkath

Joulkath Fresh Meat

Sitting around taming something is not challenging. At all. The challenging part is knocking it unconcious without killing it. Taming is a Time Sink, that's all there is to it, and anything more than 3 hours is a waste of time. So things that take more than that is a waste, and having stuff reach the 6+ hour mark is actually *unhealthy* for you to be sitting behind the computer constantly for. People do have lives other than video games, and expecting people to give them up just so they can tame a high level dino is a little much.

Personally, I'd just have the level cap for tamed dino's be changed instead. So instead of it being Base Level + 34 (or whatever it is these days), it's a hard cap of 100 or 65 or 85 or whatever. But that would be a suggestion for the Developers, since I don't think that's an option in the server settings.

undeadsky likes this.
  16. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

LEt me get this straight everyone that actually plays on this server wants tamming reduce they arent asking for a x5 or x10 where takes 10mins to tame a dino we all asking if for like a x2 or x3 so we can actually tame these high lvl dinos in a reasonable time frame i honestly dont think thats too much to ask i liKe the dinos being hard to take down but to spend 10hours tamming a lvl 90 trex or bronto is ridiculous... and if u think thats ok then play on the server again and lets see if another trex or saber or raptor comes and eats ur dino because u went to go do something else.... happens all the time

17. AndreBauscher

AndreBauscher Confused

We are aware of the problem now. As long as no further decision has been made by Lowco we just ask you to be patient and enjoy the game as it is peacefully with eachother. :) She has the last call in this matter but also has a lot other stuff to do besides ARK and just can't be around the whole time.

Philou0217 likes this.
  18. Moffdawwwg

You don't have to get a level 90 T-Rex or Bronto. Problem solved.

19. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

@Moffdawwwg You need one to defend your self .

@Moffdawwwg I like to talk to you in private instead on the forum

20. Moffdawwwg

This is my last post in here, because it's obvious i'm rubbing people up the wrong way by not agreeing with the masses... that and my heavily sarcastic attitude :D. My point all along is that you don't NEED these level 90 dino's, you just WANT them because they're slightly better. If you don't want to put in the time for a level 90, then an 80, 70, 60, 30 will do, from experience any levelled dino is fine for defending yourself or for gathering materials... while I agree the taming process is massively boring, it's still there to make you work for the better things like the level 90's.

I apologise if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention... i'm just representing the other side of the argument, as unpopular as it is. The last thing I want is the looney bin community server to become a snore fest because the taming got reduced, and then people decided that gathering materials was boring as well, so gathering rates got increased, etc, etc.