ARK Looneybin Server Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by lolercaustic, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Neophantomzero

Neophantomzero Fresh Meat

No you're not really offending me because i understand your point, but i feel like there is a line. I understand that from what I believe that you're saying is that lowering tame time may have a drawback in which the game becomes boring because you can get everything you want relatively easy and that we dont NEED anything at all that costs 6+ hours to get because we can still make do with lower level ones.. In fact technically we dont need to build metal bases since raiding is against the rules but as human beings we want them anyway and still go for it. It's just being the innate human beings that want nice things :'(.

However considering that normal mode has a max tame of about 4-5 hours is to prevent the fact that going over 6+ hours is obviously unhealthy and monotonous. To be honest even building is a monotonous task but not everyone sees that. Then again from what I feel like your saying is that you think "we" (as in the those who want the tame time to be reduced) are asking for a 10x decrease when in actuality want a slight adjustment, a mere 2x or 2.5 or even 3x which i think is pushing it as it is. This as it is can make a tame that may take 6 hours to 3 which by all means is reasonable and doable compared to 6 hours which is almost an entire shift working in the real world. You cannot disagree that 6 hours is a long time to do one thing especially in a game. So, It's not that your position is unfavorable but more like the idea that something in any game not just ark taking 6 hours to do is kinda pushing it especially if the majority of those playing on the server want it.

Heres some examples using http://www.ark-survival.net/en/taming-calculator/ (Note* this may not be actually time but in my experience of 267 hours, i feel like its credible)
    Another note here is because we are on a harder difficulty there are dinos that take more than 10 hours albeit its the bigger ones of course.
    T-Rex
    Normal Mode Max @ 30: https://gyazo.com/80fd8f280368fe0ef1094d5a8e6ae8b0 Average Time - 5 Hours
    Hard Mode Max @90: https://gyazo.com/3191c5eb5539918027078e47b9c7bd7d Average Time - 11 Hours
    Official Servers have theirs capped at level 30 hence it would make sense to leave tame time alone in which case 5 hours seems reasonable. However when you look at Hard Mode's cap of level 90 which is 11 hours, now you see why no one ever attempts it on unofficial servers that still use a regular tame rate. But because we are humans and are greedy little buggers we'd would still would like to tame them. And take a hit from any high rex thats wild on hardmode would of course tear a chunk into you regardless if you have a dino or not.
    Now lets do some math. Lets say we simply do a 2x tame rate. 5 hours becomes 2.5 and 11 becomes 5.5. That is reasonable imo. From what you said with a server with 5x tame rate, 5 would become 1 and 11 would be 2.2 hours. Now that is kind of pushing the boundary and I too may find that a bit boring. Therefore what we're asking for is simply 2x-3x increase in taming rather than anything overpowering then 5x+

More Popular Examples (in this case all dinos will be level 90, which is the longest tame time on our current server with 3x difficulty; Also Carnivores are being tamed in this case with ONLY raw meat and no primes)
    Bronto
    https://gyazo.com/8ab05a4c1d962588295bf07e54e9320e
    Regular:~11hours [Unreasonable]
    2x: ~5.5hours [Reasonable]
    2.5x: 4.4 hours[Reasonable]
    5x: 2.2hours [Unreasonable]
    Megalodon
    https://gyazo.com/3e5b1dc6c32e6f9441830a540b473d28
    Regular: ~8hours [Unreasonable]
    2x: ~4hours [Reasonable]
    2.5: ~3.2 hours [Reasonable]
    5x::~ 1.6 hours [Pushing it, therefore unreasonable]

Sabertooth:
    https://gyazo.com/3e5b1dc6c32e6f9441830a540b473d28
    Regular: ~4hours [Reasonable]
    2x:`~2hours [Generous]
    2.5: ~1.6 [Generous]
    5: ~50 min [Unreasonable]

Raptors (Fan-favorite and solo-players most loyal dog)
    https://gyazo.com/b819e9861497cb10fafb77695273b624
    Regular: ~2hours [Reasonable]
    2x: ~1 [Generous but reasonable due to popularity and size]
    2.5x: ~50minutes [Pushing it but have to say this is unreasonable]
    5x:: ~Less than 30 minutes. [Unreasonable but I understand why taming would be boring in this case]

Argents
    https://gyazo.com/36f56ac8155624fce44c532110179073
    Regular: ~8hours [Unreasonable]
    2x: ~4hours [Reasonable]
    2.5: ~3.2 hours [Reasonable]
    5x::~ 1.6 hours [Pushing it, therefore unreasonable]

I understand that if you feel like you're rubbing people the wrong way and dont wish to reply but yeah.... I'm here if you wish to speak more on the issue. And of course, Lowco has the final say on everything so of course we'll have to accept whatever decisions she wishes to make but I feel like if she were to consider it, here would be some evidence that would provide a more sound argument.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. Neophantomzero

Neophantomzero Fresh Meat

I feel that reducing the tame time is just being considerate to those who do not wish to tribe up. I believe its fair that everyone gets their chance to tame a Rex even if they have to do it alone. And yes of course its human decision to stay up if they wish to do so, but come on, people be greedy yo. You can't tell me that a level 90 Rex isnt a tempting tame to anyone who wants to get a high level Rex :p.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Lowco2525

Lowco2525 Administrator Staff Member Moderator WebSub Twitch Sub

After careful consideration, and weighing both sides of the argument, I have decided to reduce taming times. I just need someone to tell me exactly how to go about doing this, because I did a quick look through my server options and didn't see anything and don't have the time to look further. My server is with UHostPro.

4. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

TamingSpeedMultiplier=1.000000

Can you find that In the ark folder?

if so raise the Number if my research was right it Should speed up the taming time if you up the number

5. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

its a little more complex then that @undeadsky ok so i tweeted uhostpro and this is what they said to me

__________________________________________________________________________________
    @uHostPro i have a friend that owns a ARK server can u tell me how u can raise taming multiplier on ur ark server so i can tell them?

uHostPro ‏@uHostPro 10m10 minutes ago
    @iSpeZz Have the server owner pop a ticket in with us so we can get them all sorted with it. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

so looks like if u ask them how to do it they will add the option to ur control panel for u

6. Joulkath

Joulkath Fresh Meat

Actually it can be done as a command line by the admin. Not sure if it survives reboots or not though.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594821545178117961/

7. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

Command line would be reset every time the server goes down for restarts, updated, or crashes.

To make it permanent you have to edit the ini file for the server. I don't know if Lowco has access to do that through whatever control panel they use.

8. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

what Tux said thats why uhostpro said for lowco to contact them im sure they will add the config for her so she dosent have to do it herself

9. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

Also alot of ppl that stream on ur Ark server have been asking if u can enable Gamma option again since this game is so dark at night makes it hard for ppl watching the stream to see it. Is is possible to enable gamma?

10. Lowco2525

You can turn up the gamma with your OBS capture settings :)

11. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

@Lowco2525 Is it posible to get a higher gathering Rate its a B!tch to get stone Now and you need stone for every thing

12. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

Seems like ppl are still not following rules today Lowco's tribe lost 3 dinos...... 2 lvl 60+ sabers and lvl 105 ankylo was killed in our mountain mining base.... this is why the server was PVE before ppl killing dinos just to grief again..

13. HairyBaconGamer

HairyBaconGamer Fresh Meat

Is something up with me or the server? I get to log in for like a second and it boots me back to the main menu.

14. Lowco2525

Absolutely not. This is a survival game, not "hand you everything and baby you" game. Sorry.

I'm rebooting/updating the server, hope that helps with any lag.

Moffdawwwg and Jackarl like this.
  15. undeadsky

undeadsky Lurker

Ok no hard fealings was just asking so i dont mind it haha

16. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

Since there is no solid rules governing what counts towards pvp, heres what the server came up with as a more detailed version of what we think lowco's rules are

Absolutely No Griefing. (What does this mean?)
    • Raiding is off-limits. Abandoned Bases may destroyed by admin with proof that the other tribe agrees to it and or is no longer active. Or if you wish, destroy it yourselves
    • Chests and Closets that are outside a base are free to be destroyed if need be and are not secured. (Pinlocking doesnt allow people to get what’s inside but if destroyed the contents are left out)
    • Absolutely no killing of Passive Dinos, unless attacked first. Neutral dinos attacked out of base are fair game.
    • PVP’ing is allowed in the areas mentioned above .
    • Tribes may not destroy each others bases
    • Tribes must not grief the other. If you win the fight, give the other tribe time to rebuild their forces.
    Base Building
    • Building in bases are fine as long as you do not block major entrances into any cave preventing other tribes from attempting to pursue the artifacts.
    • Building Bases on mountain are also acceptable as long as you don’t block resources from spawning. If this does happen report to an admin to talk to the tribe in question about moving it.
    All Rules above are subject to change as Lowco see fit.

17. Tarsiar

Tarsiar Fresh Meat

I am part of a Guild GreenUP that no longer plays on your server.
    I contacted the owner after he transfer his char. off your shard to a new one.
    Which leave me alone and do not want to leave guild.
    I would lose all my hard work and the stuff i have saved up.
    Is there anyway you can disband the Guild Of GreenUP Please and thanks.

18. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

is there a reason why this last Ark server update almost rolled back the server 4 days??????

BusterBronco80 likes this.
  19. Tarsiar

Tarsiar Fresh Meat

Got me but found out fiber, hides and ingots now stack to 200.

20. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

Did something happen to player experience gains in the last patch? I've gotten over the 3 day rollback that happened :(, but it seems like player experience is almost not moving at all. Even when building large amounts of items it goes up maybe 2 points of xp each. Which will take forever to go up one level at it's current setting. Is there any ways to fix this? I remember before we even got small amounts of xp for just being alive. It was at the perfect xp leveling amount pre patch. Post patch almost not worth the time. Thanks for any info you have on this situation.