Opinion on this PC build?

Discussion in 'PC Spec Talk' started by xHazzH, Aug 17, 2015.

1. xHazzH

xHazzH Fresh Meat

2. Philou0217

Philou0217 Confused

I'm not very qualified but depending of what games you intend to play, I think 8GB is starting to be "short". I updated to 16 not so long ago since most games are going with 8GB for their requirements. I prefer to not take any chances with that since I want my games/computer to run smoothly. That also depends on your budget. :)

xHazzH likes this.
  3. Jackarl

Jackarl Confused

8GB of RAM is enough for games today. If you're on a tight budget you will always have the opportunity to upgrade later if needed. Of course you can never have too much memory.

xHazzH likes this.
  4. excessnet

excessnet Lurker

I would change the SanDisk for an Intel. I've seen many "other brand" die, but Intel are always top notch... I use them on servers and rash (sp?) environnement and they last longer. I buyed a Kingston and a Crucial and they both died.

The Case seems nice, but I'm a real fan of Fractal, the R5 is amazing, very quiet (foam everywhere) and very well made. I got a Define XL2 (damn huge) for my server, Define Mini for my mother and R5 for myself :p

Again, it's a personnal choice, but I would get a GTX 960 (to stay in the same "range", else get the 970) instant of the AMD 390. - edit: Oh, and you will get Metal Gear Solid Free!

With this build, you will be able, in 2 or 3, to add 2 x 4 GB again and have 16GB of RAM and maybe upgrade the CPU and videocard if needed to give you some more year for cheap! :)

xHazzH likes this.
  5. xHazzH

xHazzH Fresh Meat

Thank you guys all for your responses!